- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
Test Technician (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2.750 employees at 13 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG of America, Inc., located in Mebane, North Carolina, is the main sales company of our US group and responsible for the development and sales of our tailor made heat exchangers, esp. for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off highway, and mining markets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Provide R&D services to customers, inter-company departments and intra-company departments. Document and report on the results of R&D services provided. Operate, maintain and repair in house testing equipment. Must be detail oriented, system process oriented and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Rely heavily on previous testing environment experience, good engineering and technical judgment, general knowledge of mechanical machinery/equipment operation and equipment troubleshooting skills.
Daily activities vary widely in terms of environment, technicality and physicality. It requires the ability to work in ambient temperature extremes, compact/tight spaces, very loud areas, at height (roofs, ladders etc.), around high voltages and currents, around very high temperature fluids and components and with heavy equipment, machinery and tools. The job will also sometimes require sitting at a desk for 8 hours.
- Provide expertise for planning of upcoming R&D service requests
- Review and understand engineering drawings, manuals and technical documents
- Conduct and document R&D services from start to completion
- Analyze engineering data for decision making
- Generate and provide final reporting on the results of R&D services provided
- Develop procedures, processes and work instructions as necessary
- Operate, maintain and repair in house test stand equipment
- Troubleshoot testing equipment issues
- Perform dissection and analysis on failed and/or returned test specimens
- Set up and operate data acquisition equipment in the laboratory and field
- Adhere to R&D facility safety standards and requirements
- Thorough working knowledge of engineering processes
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Good professional verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical problem solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to coach and teach others
- Several years of prior experience in a controlled engineering laboratory testing environment
- Excellent technical report writing and communication skills
- Proficient with developing/analyzing spreadsheets, reports and presentations (MS Office Products)
- Experience with engineering data analysis
- Proficient in review of engineering drawings, manuals and technical documents
- Must be able to travel occasion
- As available